Fiber Supplements : Soluble and Insoluble Fiber Supplements
Fiber also known as roughage is the part of plant food that is undigested. It gets stored in your gut and is eventually expelled out of the body through the stools.
Fiber and natural fiber supplements aid in the proper bowel movement and inhibits you from suffering from bowel problems like constipation.
The significance of fiber in your diet
Having sufficient fiber (18 grams daily) in your diet makes your stool soft and easy to defecate.
· It also prevents and treats constipation
· It minimizes your likelihood of suffering from bowel issues like diverticular disease, haemorrhoids and anal fissure.
· It helps in weight loss. It creates a feeling of fullness but doesn’t add extra calorie to your diet or get digested.
· It minimizes your risk of suffering from bowel cancer.
· It helps in the reduction of cholesterol level and regulates the level of blood sugar.
· It may minimize your possibility of suffering from diabetes.
Types of fiber and fiber supplements
The fiber in the food you it is of two forms: soluble and insoluble fiber. They perform different function in your body.
You therefore need to incorporate the two forms of fiber in your everyday diet. The majority of fibrous foods have a mixture of both types in them.
Insoluble fiber and Insoluble fiber supplements
Insoluble fiber is the type of fiber that does not dissolve in water. It goes through your digestive tract and passes out through your stool unaltered. It makes the stool more bulky and makes it easy to pass through digestive system.
It neutralizes the pH condition of your intestines and inhibits colon cancer. It is mostly present in seeds, nuts, fruit skin, maize, dark green leafy veggies, wheat bran and whole grains. Fiber supplements for constipation are usually made with some of these ingredients.
Soluble fibers and soluble fiber supplements
Soluble fiber easily dissolves in water. It soaks up water from your food retarding the rate of digestion. This in turn helps in the regulation of blood sugar.
It reduces LDL cholesterol. It forms gel in your tummy which gets bonded with the cholesterol preventing it from being absorbed into your body. Thus, fiber supplements that re made up soluble fibers are usually of it is fiber supplements for weight loss.
Soluble fiber can be obtained from oatmeal, flax seed, barley, dried peas, nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables like oranges and carrots.
Foods that are rich in fiber
Some foods are made up of high level of fiber. Examples of such meal are:
· Whole meal or whole-wheat bread, biscuits and flour.
· Fruit and vegetables: Try to eat five servings of a mixture of food and vegetable everyday to get enough fiber.
· Wholegrain breakfast cereals like All-Bran, Bran Flakes, Weetabix, Shredded Wheat, muesli, and so on.
· Brown rice, and whole meal spaghetti and other whole meal pasta.
Supplements made to mimic these high fibered foods are known as high fiber supplements.
While taking fiber rich food try to keep hydrated
For fiber in your diet to work effectively, it needs enough fluid. Try to drink not less than two liters of water every day to void blockage of gut.
Your fluid intake doesn’t necessarily have to be water. It could be any other healthy drink or squash without sugar or additives.
Boosting your fiber intake
Increase in the intake of fiber may result to a bloated stomach especially in people having bowel problem.
You might be able to reduce such effects by eating more of soluble fiber and also altering your fiber intake in these forms:
· Go for whole meal bread instead of white bread
· Instead of artificial cereals opt for whole grain types like
· Instead of white rice and pasta , go for brown colored rice and paste
· Incorporate additional vegetables to mince, casseroles, soups, stews or curries.
· Go for vegetable of fruit snacks.
· Go for high fiber foods and add seeds into your soup, salads or yoghurts
· Eat fruits and vegetable skins when feasible. You can as well look for dietary fiber supplements.
Recommendations on the use of fiber Supplements
When you are starting out to eat more fiber or use fiber supplement, do not overdo it but start gradually and up the amount you take bit by bit.
Excess intake of fiber can lead to discomforting side effects such as bloating, cramping, and gas. Also don’t forget to take enough water to create a suitable environment for fiber to work in your gut.
Consult your doctor to check if the fiber supplements may have probable interactions with any medication you may be taking.
Fiber supplements side effects
Due to the fact that fiber retards the process of digestion, it may minimize the rate at which your body assimilates some medications.
A lot of research recommends that you should not use fiber supplement in combination with medications that treat the following health conditions: depression, diabetes, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders, seizures, and different forms of heart issues.
Regularly used medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, and penicillin can be affected by an increased fiber intake. It is better to take your medications about two hours before taking your fiber supplement.
Top fiber supplements
Fiber supplements are as well known as bulk-forming laxatives.
Your doctor may prescribe fiber supplement for you if have constipation, pile or any bowel related issue.
There are different types of fiber supplement available at pharmacist shops or health food supermarket. These five are one of best fiber content according to Amazon review:
Optimum Nutrition BCAA Capsules
The benefits of BCAA
· It IS formulated with 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine and Valine
· The pill is easy to swallow.
· It helps in muscle building and work out recovery
· It is your best option for obtaining BCAA as an athlete.
· It is recommended for everybody irrespective of the intensity of your workout or level of fitness.
Being branched-chain amino acids, it contains essential nutrients that your body gets from proteins like meat, dairy products, and legumes. Examples of branched chain amino acid are leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
“Branched-chain means the chemical structure of these amino acids. BCAA are used in medicine to treat conditions like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, brain conditions as a result of liver and many more.
Branched-chain amino acids also retard muscles degradation for confined patients. It also inhibits tiredness and enhances concentration.
Athletes make use of BCAA to boost work out performance and lessen the breakdown of protein and muscle breakdown while doing serious training.
How branched chain fiber supplement works
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) encourage the creation of protein in muscle and probably lead to a reduction in the breakdown of muscles.
Branched-chain amino acids appear to inhibit faulty message transmission in the brain cells of individuals with complex liver problem, mania and anorexia.
NOW Foods Psyllium Husk
This is a premium Psyllium fiber supplements. Psyllium Husk caps is a great fiber supplement for digestive health.
It is affordable and great value for the money. When taken, it leads to tremendous boost in your digestive functions. This supplement also helps you to achieve a perfect wipe free poop.
Psyllium is as well known as ispaghula. It is produced from the seed husks of the plantago ovata plant. Psyllium is made up of 70 percent soluble fiber. This implies that it can create a sense of fullness in you and retards the process of digestion.
It is as well made up of insoluble fiber which provides bulk to your poop making it easy for you to keep regular and not purge.
In addition to making you regular, it was discovered through research that psyllium which is regularly present in Metamucil can relieve the aching symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, hemorrhoids, and anal fissures.
Benefits of fiber supplements
It is not certain if fiber present in supplements or fortified foods provides the same amount of value or nourishment with the ones from naturally existing sources.
Thus, the majority of gummy fiber supplements focus more on prevention of constipation more than the reduction of bad cholesterol.
Bio-Kult Advanced Probiotic Multi-Strain Formula
The benefit you’d get by taking Bio-Kult Organic fiber supplements
· It is gluten free
· It is made up of 14 strains of probiotics
· It may contain soy and milk
Bio-Kult is a multiple-strain Prebiotic fiber supplements that is made up of 14 strains of probiotics for your daily use. The useful bacteria in Bio-Kult are protected from the harsh acidic setting of your tummy. They are thus capable of inhabiting the entire length of the gastrointestinal tract.
The process as well makes it possible for Bio-Kult to be stored at room temperature without any need of freezing. You my use constantly make use of Bio-kult or for a brief moment depending on your need.
Nutrition now pb8 pro-biotic acidophlus
PB 8 Pro-Biotic Acidophilus by Nutrition is currently made up of 120 Capsule. It is fiber supplements for ibs. It is used as a gluten free dietary supplement. You take two capsules daily.
It has no preservatives or artificial Color. It contains wheat, soy yeast Milk s active ingredients in a proprietary blend.
SmartyPants Kids Complete and Fiber Gummy Vitamins
This is a multi-compounded supplement. It is a combination of multivitamin, inulin Prebiotic Fiber and Omega 3 DHA/EPA Fish Oil, Folate (Methylfolate), Methyl B12 and so on...
Benefits of smarty pants:
· This is fiber supplements for toddlers
· This Organic fiber supplements are formulated with 14 active ingredients in addition to natural OMEGA 3 fish oil for brain health
· It is composed of 4 g prebiotic inulin fiber that provides digestive health* +in addition to completely active folate (methylfolate) + vitamin D3 that improves the health of your bone.
· 2 g of sugar per serving from inulin syrup and GRAS-certified fruit
· It is non-gmo, non allergic, and contains no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
Fiber is significant for healthy digestion, and diets that are rich in fiber are connected to improved heart condition. Examples of food that are rich in fiber content are split peas, lentils, black beans, lima beans, artichokes, and raspberries.
It was recommended by the U.S. Department of Agriculture that adults should make their daily fiber intake 25 grams for women and 30 grams for men.
Fiber supplements can be found in a variety of forms. They help people to boost the fiber content of their especially if their diet is short of the recommended daily intake of fiber in food.
Occasionally, people take fiber content for short-term help from constipation and bowel irregularity. It can also be used in weight loss due to the fact that it makes you feel full-up for an extended period of time, thus reducing your calorie intake.